Accenture June + July 2021
Cross posted on dev.to
What I’ve been doing at Accenture for the month of June + July.
Took a break in between jobs during the month of May. Did some contracting to deploy a small node server + corresponding frontend in AWS Beanstalk.
- Managed deployments in multiple AWS k9s environments with Terraform
- Introduction to elixir
- Learning how to work in an open source organization
- Presented on code review standards + practices
- Utilized the Helm Terraform provider to manage helm deployments in k9s
- Configured Strimzi to deploy a kafka cluster
- Pair Programming in a remote environment. We typically pair for 4+ hours a day.
- Deploying Prometheus and Grafana alongside our data pipeline using public helm charts
- Combining several of our teams custom helm charts into one configurable mono chart
- Coming up with fun + not awkward bonding activities for our team to participate in despite our distance from one another
- Learning so much technology has left me feeling burnt out when I could be taking on new cards / tech debt. I’d like to more effectively use my time when not actively pairing.
- Making new cards when discovering potential improvements
- Continue to practice creating very organized and condensed technical presentations